Re: [linux-audio-user] CLI vs. GUI and other Linux sound issues, was FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 21:44:37 EET

I. I. Ooisen wrote:

>>No, it's a very powerful way of working with a computer.
>

> i must emphasize it, and i will:
>
> "command line", THE WAY WE SEE IT NOW, is a primitive way to put a
> computer to work.

I think your use of the word "primitive" is incorrect. Using commands to
interact with a computer is no more primitive than reading words in a
book to receive information (as opposed to receiving information purely
visually, as with a movie or TV). Both have their place (syntactical
interaction versus graphical interaction), I don't think one is better
or worse than the other.

-- Brett