Re: [linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

From: pirrone <pirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 20:51:34 EET

Rick Wright wrote:

> I'd like the qjackctl windows (i.e. the control window, messages,
> connections, status) to open for a subsequent executation in the same
> screen locations as I had them at shutdown from the last execution.
> Is this possible? I can't seem to find an option for this.
>
> All (and only those) windows that were visible from the previous
> execution do indeed appear on the subsequent application run (which is
> good), but the window positioning appears to be forgotten.
>
> Rui, if this is not currently supported, would it be possible to add
> this feature?
>
> Thanks all,
> Rick

Rick,

In Fluxbox, just right-click on the window title and under Remember you
will find: Workspace, Head, Dimensions, Position, Sticky, Decorations,
Shaded, Layer, and Save on close.

Further, you can have multiple programs accessible under Fluxbox's
tabbed interface open in a single window. With Ardour for example you
can have the Editor and the Mixer open in the same window, and with
focus following cursor (Sloppy Focus or Semi Sloppy Focus) switch
between them with a flick.

Frank