Re: [linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 23:23:13 EET

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 16:00 -0500, Rick Wright wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:

> >>I am finding inconsistency in the window positioning persistence.
> >>Sometimes the windows appear in the same position, sometimes they
> >>don't. This has been tested using only the QJC main window control
> >>buttons as recommended above.
> >>
> >>Leaving the windows open (only testing using 4 of them: main, status,
> >>messages, connections) upon shutdown (quit on main window) and
> >>restarting QJC sometimes gives the same locations and sometimes not, but
> >>it seems that the windows don't like the presence of other windows (i.e.
> >>an xterm from which to start QJC!) and the most prevalent offender is
> >>the main window. Actually, it seems that upon the first restart of QJC,
> >>the positions are remembered, but without moving any windows, a second
> >>quit/restart results in some windows appearing cascaded from the top
> >>left of the desktop. Window sizes are always remembered.
> >>
> >>Can anyone else reproduce this?
> >>

> >What desktop environment and window manager are you using and which
> >version?
> >
> >Lee
> >

> Reply try #3.....
>
> Running an up-to-date FC4/GNOME (2.6.10) system.
>
> Rick

OK, I just reproduced this on my Ubuntu Breezy system, Gnome 2.12.0. If
I run qjackctl, open the Messages window, move it, open the Connect
window, move that, then close the main window by clicking the X, next
time I run it the Messages window has moved back to where it started.

Surely this is a WM bug, the app can't be responsible for remembering
the position of its windows?

Lee