Re: [linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

From: Rick Wright <riwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 23:34:54 EET

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 16:00 -0500, Rick Wright wrote:

>>>What desktop environment and window manager are you using and which
>>>version?
>>>
>>>Lee
>>>

>>Reply try #3.....
>>
>>Running an up-to-date FC4/GNOME (2.6.10) system.
>>
>>Rick
>>

>OK, I just reproduced this on my Ubuntu Breezy system, Gnome 2.12.0. If
>I run qjackctl, open the Messages window, move it, open the Connect
>window, move that, then close the main window by clicking the X, next
>time I run it the Messages window has moved back to where it started.
>
>Surely this is a WM bug, the app can't be responsible for remembering
>the position of its windows?
>
>Lee

Rui seemed to indicate that if you close those windows by toggling the
associated button on the main window (rather than the X as you did) that
the positions should persist. For me, they all do *except* the messages
window. That doesn't seem like a WM bug to me.

Try this: open the app, open the message and status windows and move
them somewhere. Then, simply toggle the buttons and see where they
reappear.

I just tried this again with the patchbay window (my first test with
patchbay) and it shows the same non-persistence behavior as the
messages window.

As far as closing the app with the quit button and then restarting, the
results are mixed as I described above. It seems that the window
positions persist (mostly) upon the first restart, but without moving
any windows, a subsequent quit/restart seems to lose window position
information. This seems app related too, no?

Rick