[linux-audio-user] more information - Ubuntu

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 17:30:30 EET

Hey all,

In my never-ending quest to make Ubuntu the perfect multimedia distro,
I emailed Mark Shuttleworth to see if the Ubuntu maintainers could
look into packaging a -rt kernel for Ubuntu. Here is the message I
got back from him:

>There's some discussion of creating a multimedia-oriented derivative of
>Ubuntu. This would be a perfect place to make those patches. The
>pre-empt stuff will have consequences that are not ideal for standard
>desktops, but suitable for multimedia types. Keep an eye out for an
>announcement along those lines.
>
>Mark

So it appears from his message that someone in the Ubuntu camp is
already working on this, which is good news for me. Just thought
those of you on the list that are interested in Ubuntu might like to
see this.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com