[linux-audio-user] Behringer FCB1010 foot controller

From: Olivier Ricordeau <olivier@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 13:10:39 EET

Hi there,

Thanks to Santa Claus' help, I have the possibility to buy some hardware
to make music with my linux box.

Looking for a MIDI foot controller, I found the Behringer FCB1010.
http://www.behringer.com/FCB1010/index.cfm?lang=ENG

I'd like to use it for two things:
* Real time effect control (creox, jack-rack, pd a bit later, stuffs
like that). I'm a guitar player and I'd like to use my linux box as an
effect rack. I'll use sooperlooper too, for sure...
* I'm planning to buy a MIDI master keyboard (the M-Audio Keystation Pro
88 looks awsome and it seems to work like a charm with ALSA). I'd like
to use the MIDI foot controller to control the keyboard too.

I found very few FCB1010/Linux feedback on the web (and in the list's
archives). I'm interested in hearing from people who have this pedal.
Some successful linux experiences?

More generally speaking, does it all sound feasible? I mean, will
combining the FCB1010 and the M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 fit my needs
(real time effects/looper control + basic mixing possibilitie expected
from a master keyboard, a bunch of controls and a midi sequencer)?

Cheers,
Olivier

--
- *Olivier RICORDEAU* -