[linux-audio-user] Re: recording jack input

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 01:36:03 EET

> The timemachine's level meter doesn't show db values (or - is it so
> for me only :-)). Is there stand-alone jack-enabled level-meter with
> peak-measurement capabilities?

Well, if you record to floating point wav file, you shouldn't really need
peak-peasurement... If its too loud (or too quite), you edit the file in a
sound-editor afterwards, without losing quality...
(both timemachine and jack_capture use float format by default)

Well, I guess it can be handy anyway to have that though. (It could
actually be a useful extension for qjackctl...)