Re: [linux-audio-user] Next question re midi

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 19:29:07 EET

Nigel Henry wrote:

>Do you know if there is a front end to TiMidity? The Sourceforge page for it
>shows a GUI, and there is also a link on that page to a Japanese site, from
>which I got a shell script for a GUI, but was not able to run it. Perhaps my
>own lack of knowledge, but will have another look at it. Any other
>suggestions for a GUI would be welcome. I did try installing from the
>tarball, but there are so many ./configure options for audio, and GUI's that
>I got quite lost. If you have a set of options that you know work
>with ./configure for FC2,3 I'd be very gratefull.

'man timidity' is your friend. See the -i option.

On Marv's system TiMidity has been compiled to support only the GTK and
Xaw graphic interfaces. However, both of those GUIs include the
transport controls that Marv asked about.

So for Marv's PlanetC RH9 :

    timidity -ig foo.mid

or

    timidity -ia foo.mid