Re: [linux-audio-user] re: midi problems

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 20:00:36 EET

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 12:38 -0500, Laura Conrad wrote:

> OK, now I have neither the modules you name, nor anything else from
> /etc/hotplug/blacklist.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS. I am also booting
> with the alsa option, which I'm pretty sure I was doing the last time
> hardware MIDI worked. I have tried both with and without muting "<SB
> Live>" in alsamixer. I still get no sound from "aplaymidi -p 65:0
> <midi file name>"

> CL> What are the output of lsmod, and the contents of
> CL> /proc/asound/oss/devices?
>
> [astronomers]# cat /proc/asound/oss/devices
> 2: [0- 2]: raw midi
> 12: [0-12]: digital audio
> 3: [0- 3]: digital audio
> 0: [0- 0]: mixer
> 1: : sequencer
> 8: : sequencer
> 13: [0-13]: raw midi
> [astronomers]#

Did you make sure you don't have ld10k1 installed or running?

I am really out of ideas here, this should Just Work, I have never heard
of it not working. The code has not been changed in ages.

Can you try a different machine, or Linux distro? Maybe it's a hardware
problem?

Try posting to the alsa-user list.

Lee