Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Looking for Sound card recommendation

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 06:37:48 EET

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 10:12 +1100, Loki Davison wrote:

> Second hand sblive. USD50 doesn't sound like a whole lot. Decent sound
> is not going to happen from an sblive though. I've got one, and
> compaired to my 60 euro griffin imic it's really, really horrible.

I agree that SB sounded pretty bad up to a point, but after that it was
ok. The transition must have happened around the Live series.

I've an Audigy2 that sounds reasonably well. I also have a Live that I
never listened to in good conditions (studio monitors, etc) but it
sounds ok for casual listening.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/