[linux-audio-user] RME Basics

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 00:10:34 EET

So I just pulled out my old sound card and installed a brand new RME
HDSP 96/32 - the one that can do 192 KHz. Now I am looking for basic
info on the mixer in it, and the basics of how to get it up and
running. I ran alsaconf, got the interface in, but apparently the mixer
is a bit different, due to the DSP mixer onboard most likely I would
assume, and unfortunatly alsamixer is leaving me a bit behind on this
compared to my older ICE1712 based card. So yea looking for basics of
how to use the mixer with it I suppose. GUI based applications wouldnt
hurt I suppose, but console based examples is also good.

Personally I am hoping to put my older card back in eventually since the
RME I believe is compatible with PCI-X and I have a few of those slots
open to move it to, but before I do that I want to make sure I can get
the RME up and running perfectly first.

     Seablade