Re: [linux-audio-user] Creating tuition videos

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 18:26:22 EET

tim hall wrote:

> This isn't such a daft idea.
>
> I have had similar. As my programming skills are at Python newbie level, I've
> been considering doing something with crystalspace. Unfortunately IIRC
> crystalspace only supports OSS, which is dull. :(
>
> The problem is that most games and video editing software is looking for
> cross-platform operability and Jack support is a Linux ghetto thing. As we
> can't exactly club them into submission, this could be a long haul. However,
> I don't see how else to approach it.

I don't think adding Jack support to Kino would be outside the realm of
possibility. They just recently added ALSA support. It has an FX plugin
framework also (although it's kinda unstable) so if someone was clever
enough this could be implemented.

-- Brett

--
Brett McCoy: Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.alhazred.com