Re: [linux-audio-user] USB again

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 17:21:12 EET

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 15:22 +0100, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> I checked on the specs and it says 'native USB compatibility' so it
> should work, IMHO.

That is no guarantee. If the sound card doesn't have USB-IF logos (other
than the trident describing the connector), and the "USB" Audiophile
doesn't have them, you need to be wary.

I used to own a M-audio Quattro, which is listed in the Alsa sound card
matrix, but it really doesn't work properly. The sound card isn't USB
audio compliant, M-audio knows it and will not do anything about it and
they don't have to as they don't use the USB-IF logos which would make
them responsible for being compliant.

I'm not saying that this particular card won't work. I'm just saying
that you shouldn't trust specs telling you "native USB compatibility".

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>