Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid type program

From: Greg <gkjoyce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 06:53:32 EET

having used both (audacity about 3 years more recently than acid),
right now, audacity can't really touch acid by some distance. Yes, it
pitch / time only transforms. But in my experience, at least in the
Windows version of Audacity, it cant' even loop-play small ( < 1
second) samples accurately (useful when you're trying cut from a
larger block of audio). Audacity also doesn't have any of the
arrangement stuff that acid has.
check out the thread titled "Acid-Gigasampler-Vegas-Audio Mastering"
on this list