Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid type program

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 16:40:22 EET

Frank Barknecht escribe:
> Neither of these programs are intended to be clones of Acid or Ableton
> Live, so you will have to adapt your working style a bit or stay with
> Windows or mac for now.

Using a powerful enough computer running Windows as a guest to QEMU
will certainly do the trick. I've tried ReBirth succesfully in the
past.

Of course this is fairly different from using WINE, this is, you need
a Windows license to run it as a QEMU guest. Apart from the ACID
license, of course...

Nevertheless as far as I know ACID is not available to Mac users as
any other Sony/Sound Forge product isn't either. And I find it
spectacularly precise but not so creative. Putting loops in a sampler
and triggering it using a keyboard is a lot funnier. :)

Cordially, Ismael

--
Tout fourmille de commentaries, d'auteurs il en est grande cherté
     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/