Re: [linux-audio-user] don't manage to install fst

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 17:54:00 EET

On 1/27/06, emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::..
<emanuele@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> what does it mean "winegcc: gcc failed"?

Emanuele,

On my Ubuntu box, I had the exact same problem. Seems that gcc-3.4 is
not installed by default, and was needed for the compilation process.
Using apt-get, I just "sudo apt-get install gcc-3.4" and my problem
was solved.

One more note regarding Ubuntu Breezy (5.10): you will need the
build-essential package to be able to do much of anything with
compiling programs with the usual configure-make-make install.

Hope this is helpful,

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence