Re: [linux-audio-user] Straw Poll: External MIDI

From: Julian Squires <julian@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 00:03:53 EET

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 04:28:12PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> I'd like to take a straw poll on how many Linux Audio users make use of
> external MIDI devices. As a straight hands-up would be unlikely to yield
> useful results, perhaps people could suggest what percentage of
> external-MIDI-users exist within the LAU group. (As of Jan 06, say)
>
> Additional comments re: problems encountered whilst configuring MIDI are
> welcomed, but please start a new thread if you want to make bugreports.

I use a Roland RD-170 for keyboard control, and a set of V-Drums for
drum input via MIDI. I output to various devices, usually a Yamaha DX7
synth, a Korg DDD-1 drum machine, a Kawai K1m synth module, and an Atari
ST (for chip sounds).

I had some weird problems getting the MIDI ports on my US-122 working,
but that was a long time ago and they probably weren't supported
properly by the driver I was using at the time.

Cheers.

--
Julian Squires