Re: Ladspa GUIs (Was Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid type program

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 09:27:18 EET

On Sun January 29 2006 02:05, timg@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> ...or perhaps it the feeling that I'm really tweeking a knob
> or two....

See, I have knobs on my MIDI controller.... none of which can be
used to tweak the fake knobs on VST's or VSTi's as far as I
know, despite their use of standard MIDI events. I love
tweaking knobs and sliders and stuff.... just not with my mouse,
especially since then you can only tweak one at a time.

I'd love for a paradigm like Ardour's to get standardized
somehow.... where a whole bunch of keys become essentially mouse
buttons so you can quickly adjust "sliders" and "knobs", or gang
them if that's what you want to do.

Interfaces where the "knobs" and "sliders" are just eye candy,
though.... where you can't resize or maximize the window, where
the standard keyboard shortcuts (e.g. tab, space for button
presses, etc.) don't exist, where even the fonts are bitmapped
so you can't blow them up by changing your system fonts....
belong back in 1993 when they were an improvement over the
status quo, or at least no worse.

Rob