Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Troete

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 14:20:09 EET

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 12:37:34PM +0100, Soenke Hahn wrote:

> I like your tune. Espacially the melody at the end. How did you make the
> melody?

Thanks :)

I whistled to the running track until I had a motive and
then I recorded. Just trial and error, trying to feel the
groove and aiming for a happy tune.
So it's an improvisation with a dry-run beforehand (lacking
musical training I don't know what notes I whistled and have
no idea on the scale :)

Recorded with a cheap dynamic mic into MusE. Afterwards
I fed the recorded track into an om patch for processing.
The final sound you hear is both the original whistling
and Om's output mixed. Both versions and the Om patch
are contained in the zip archive. AFAIR it's mainly
the input run through a frequency tracker used to control
an oscilator and some additions to shape the sound.

Best,
Thorsten Wilms