Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour stuck in export dialog. BUG?

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 05:36:25 EET

On 1/30/06, Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I am stuck in a dialog box of the export session to file in ardour.
> I forgot to put a filename for the export and ardour came back with
> "ardour can't open export file ..... (system error)"
>
> Ok, fine. But, it won't let me close that dialog box, nor will it let me
> "stop export" when pressing that button in the "ardour: export" dialog box.
> No other menus are working - kinda locked out. (although I can type a
> new filename in the export window - but nothing really works"
>
> I hate to loose my session. Any ideas?

Damn, that's a drag. Sorry, but I've not run into that one and don't
know any way around it.

It would be VERY risky, but if this is a NEW version of Ardour the
developers have put in some sort of 'crash' protection that gets your
session back after a crash. Don't know exactly how you'd engineer a
'crash', but if you could them *maybe* the crash protection would save
you.

One other idea. Can you open a terminal and just copy the whole
directory somewhere else? If the session is really not saved, but you
have the audio and most of the session file, maybe it won't be that
hard to get things patched up.

Really sorry you're stuck in such a mess. good luck!

Cheers,
Mark