Re: [linux-audio-user] The fall of Plextor, was Re: "DVD-A"paranoia?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 21:45:03 EET

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 14:26 -0500, Rob wrote:
> Plextors were the best until 2 or 3 years ago, and then something
> happened. Now the name means nothing.... just another brand of
> drives, maybe made by Plextor, maybe rebadged.

The quality seemed to take a nosedive around when they stopped making
SCSI burners. Maybe they got bought or something.

My old Plexwriter ultrawide SCSI burner probably made 10,000 discs
before it died. I have a newer ATAPI Plexwriter 48/24/48A here that's
probably burned less than 1000 and half the time the tray won't open
unless I stick a paperclip in there.

Lee