Re: [linux-audio-user] Some various questions about system configuration..

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 20:11:58 EET

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 12:51 -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 10:23 -0500, Dana Olson wrote:
> >
> >>I am hoping Dapper shatters my expectations, considering
> >>they're pitting it against Vista and want it to be very extra
> >>polished. I guess time will tell.
> >

> > If they want to pit it against Vista they'd better get off their butts
> > and get streaming video in Firefox working. 75% of the time I just get
> > that damn "Plugin Finder" and then when I click it of course "No
> > suitable plugin could be found".
> >
> > Desktop Linux is a joke if stuff like this still won't work...
>
> mplayer-mozilla plugin seems to work for most things (even Quicktime).

Hmm, I used to have that, but somehow it got uninstalled.

Still, this is not good - what the heck is the point of the "Plugin
Finder" in firefox then, if it isn't even aware of the package manager?
To install random binary codecs Windows style? I've seen it hundreds of
times and never once had it do anything useful.

Lee