[linux-audio-user] maudio audiophile 24/96

From: Heitzso <heitzso@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 06:19:17 EET

I'm trying to convert my collection of cassette tapes over to CDs.
I purchased two nice used tape decks off ebay. The nicer of the
two is connected to my computer, which is a recent model
athlon64 3000+ w/ 1G RAM.

Sound was very rough captured with 'arecord' through the
computer's built in sound chip so I bought a
maudio audiophile 24/96 from newegg to get a clean dac.

But my common Linux mixers don't know what to do with the
maudio and I feel I may have purchased a fancier audio card
than I know what to do with (most mixers certainly don't know
what to do with it).

kmix does a reasonable job of picking up and labeling the
inputs/outputs/controls. But I don't know how to use them.

I'd appreciate being pointed to:
    email list
    forum/irc
    doc url