Re: [linux-audio-user] More music

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 02:35:31 EET

On Sun, 05 Feb, 2006 at 08:14PM +0000, Folderol spake thus:
> OK, I guess it's put-up or shut-up time.
>
> I've put a couple of tracks on www.folderol.ukfsn.org They are quite
> different to what I've seen on here. I hope you like them.
>
> I'll put more on when either I get a decent soundcard or can change the
> instruments to use ZynAddSubFX voices.

Ohhhh, they're nice. Reflections is great, and Crystal has that
brilliant tongue-in-cheek sound.

I really like the instruments, but personally I'd like to hear parts
in something a little harsher. They all sound so clean and glassy,
sometimes they blend a little too well.

And, since you asked for suggestions, have you ever heard of Tipper?
I'm thinking of the Critical Path album. His beats are beautiful and
something along those lines would really suit this music.

The usual disclaimer, of course: This is all just my opinion.

I feel kinda bad about saying any of this, because I really like these
tracks. But, I personally crave feedback and suggestions, so I try
and give people what I would want.

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)