Re: [linux-audio-user] It's music time again

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 10:51:21 EET

On Wed, 08 Feb, 2006 at 09:04PM -0800, Florin Andrei spake thus:
> On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 21:30 +0000, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
>
> > And now, here's my latest contribution:
> > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2006/02/music.html
>
> Nice.
> A bit more polish and a bit more focus and it would be viable in some
> commercial niche. But this applies to many of your songs.

You think I lack focus? Pah, I'll have you know that Oooooh! A bunny
rabbit!

What was I saying?

> Something to think about. ;-)

You're right, I think. It's something I know I suffer from. Without
sounding too big headed, I do know I could do better with these.

The thing is, I do what lots of open source projects do - I get as far
as release early and forget about release often. Once I've shown
people, I leave it. It's also to do with how little free time I have
since I took a lectureship, although hopefully I can soon combine this
hobby with work in a Media Production module.

On the other hand, I'm still learning a lot, and everyone's feedback
is really really useful.

One day, I'll spend some money and get a soundcard that costs more
than 20 quid and speakers that were meant for more than Doom. Then
maybe I'll stick with a track long enough to produce something
polished.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)