[linux-audio-user] Re: It's music time again

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 14:51:54 EET

2006/2/9, james@dis-dot-dat.net <james@dis-dot-dat.net>:
> One day, I'll spend some money and get a soundcard that costs more
> than 20 quid and speakers that were meant for more than Doom. Then
> maybe I'll stick with a track long enough to produce something
> polished.

From my (limited) experience: Start learning to polish before you buy
new equipment!
Often we think "If I have this and that, all we go easily" but the
truth is that all the technical gimmicks like soundcards, speakers,
preamps, amps, micorphones are just tools. If you know what you are
doing you can get the best possible out of the most crappy hardware.
If you don't know what you are doing, it won't get any better with
speakers that cost 1000€ each.

Start polishing, mastering, etc before you decide which new gear you buy...

And continue to make music!

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/