Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.15.4, realtime-lsm, jackd -R,

From: Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 06:35:21 EET

On 2/12/06, Will Dyson <will.dyson@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On 2/12/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, absolutely, it is ridiculous.
> > >
> > > In the upcoming Ubuntu Dapper release this will Just Work. No patching
> > > the kernel or PAM or cryptic CLI utilities.
> >
> > Really? That is good news.
> >
> > But as far as I can see, ubuntu bug 17348 has seen no action aside
> > from you, myself and Dana Olson each providing different versions of
> > the bleeding trivial patch to pam that would enable it.
>
> Actually, I now see the note on the ubuntustudio wiki that you have
> convinced an ubuntu developer to take action on this.
>
> Thanks for your behind-the-scenes work!
>
> --
> Will Dyson

Indeed, thanks Lee! I have been keeping my eye out for it, but no sign
yet. Mark and his team are being very awesome about supporting
musicians.

Forest and I have been working on getting some more packages into
Dapper before it ships. He's working on DSSI and some plugins for it
like Hexter and FluidSynth, and I've had a fixed seq24 approved, as
well as mx44 (which was based on Willem's initial work). Now I am
packaging QMidiArp. I wanted to download LinuxSampler, but the
original tarballs are 404s.. Not sure what I will work on after
QMidiArp, possibly more of the missing apps from alsamodular.sf.net.

I also packaged a new version of my studio launcher. Not sure who
would find it useful, but I do, so I figured I may as well try and get
it into Dapper too, for convenience's sake. But now all the installed
apps that have .desktop files in the Audio category are listed, and it
has a user-configurable blacklist and such. I spent about an hour or
so improving it so it's almost not useless. :)

Dana