[linux-audio-user] Newbie alert. Realtime knowledge stuff

From: Jonty Needham <jmn20@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 17:30:49 EET

I want to enable realtime privileges on my SUSE 9.3 2.6.11 kernel. I
have no idea how to do this, and numerous google searches have turned up
not many results. It would be nice if someone could tell me how to do
this, but even better if someone could either send me the resources
where I can find out all this stuff, and even better if someone could
send me both things. (Why? I want to be able to get realtime audio
privileges as user.)

Also, is it better for me to upgrade to a 2.6.15 kernel? All the info
I've read (and understood) seems to make me think yes.

Even a google link would be nice.

Bless you guys
Jonty