[linux-audio-user] ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

From: emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::.. <emanuele@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 11:11:34 EET

if i try to recompile mandriva's kernel multimedia i see that there's
the voice "processors type and features --> preemptible kernel". i think
it's not ingo molnar's complete preemtion patch because i don't manage
to have low latency with my daw even if i have an audiophile2496 which
should work at low latency.

so i would like to recompile my kernel multimedia with ingo molnar's patch.

is it possible to apply the patch to mandriva's kernel or i must
recompile an official kernel from kernel.org?
is ingo molnar's patch the only step i have to take to have a
low-latency kernel?

thank you
bye
emanuele