Re: [linux-audio-user] CCRMA and yum

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 20:56:35 EET

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 19:39 -0800, thewade wrote:
> So that GPG key works. I just included the URL to the file on the net
> insteadd of downloading the file. This is probably defeating the
> purpose of the GPG because people could theoreticaly modify a rpm and
> change the key on your site at the same time, but that seems unlikely.
>
> I am encountering some problems though. Probably descrepancies between
> the livna repository and the ccrma repository. Can you tell me if I am
> correct?
>
> yum -y update
> [lots of messages here...]
> Error: Missing Dependency: libavcodec.so.51 is needed by package xine-lib
> Error: Missing Dependency: faad2 = 0:2.0-0.lvn.5.4 is needed by package
> xmms-faad2
>
> And it ends there. Just to see if it was missing some file I built from
> source I ran:
> rpm -qa | grep faad
> xmms-faad2-2.0-0.lvn.5.4
> faad2-2.0-0.lvn.5.4
> rpm -qla | grep libavcodec
> /usr/lib/libavcodec-CVS.so
> /usr/lib/libavcodec.so
> /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51
>
> So the files are there (and are from RPM's in the livna repository) so
> I guess the problem is that CCRMA is trying to overwrite these files:
> am I right?
> Is there a way to get the CCRMA files to use the livna files?
> How can I tell if the versions are compatable?

It looks like the version of ffmpeg in livna and the one in Planet CCRMA
are not compatible. I have:
  ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.1.20050427
Packages in Planet CCRMA that seem to be affected would be:
  ffmpeg2theora, kino, mjpegtools
(I think)
Do you have any of those installed?
I wonder what is triggering the problem in yum...

I don't know much about yum but it must be possible to tell it to ignore
updates to packages, or to establish priorities between repositories.
You could do something like that with ffmpeg so that yum does not try to
upgrade to the Planet CCRMA version.

-- Fernando