Re: [linux-audio-user] asoundrc and aplay

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 19:23:41 EET

Hallo Clemens,

Am Donnerstag 16 Februar 2006 15:53 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> conrad berh?rster wrote:
> > i'm want to use the asoundrc for my music production.
>
> Why? What do you want to do that does not work with the default
> configuration?
well, i have 2 soundcards and want to capture from both at the same time with
jack. i don't need sample sync (or such bad things ;=) ) only need the
signal, each channel individual but into one app, i have written.

> > if i try
> > aplay test.wav
> > everything went fine. but after
> > aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav
> > i get
> > Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
> > Mono aplay: set_params:901: Channels count non available
>
> "hw" goes directly to the hardware, without automatic sample format
> conversion. Your hardware cannot play mono data.

Well, how can i obtain a special channel. i thought hw:0,0 means first card,
first channel. is this a general misunderstanding.

thanks c~