[linux-audio-user] asoundrc and aplay

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 14:08:11 EET

Hello all,

i'm want to use the asoundrc for my music production. I've read the docs under
http://alsa.opensrc.org/. While testing the funktionality, i came into the
first problem. when trying the examples. if i try
aplay test.wav
everything went fine. but after
aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav
or
aplay -D hw:1,0 test.wav // this is the onboard soundcard
i get
Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
aplay: set_params:901: Channels count non available
and no sound will be played
googling doesn't really enlightened me. any hints ?

sizu c~

BTW: is there a way to search the LAU archive. Haven't found that.