Re: [linux-audio-user] asoundrc and aplay

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 02:54:59 EET

Am Donnerstag 16 Februar 2006 15:53 schrieb Clemens Ladisch:
> conrad berh?rster wrote:
> > i'm want to use the asoundrc for my music production.
>
> Why? What do you want to do that does not work with the default
> configuration?
>
> > if i try
> > aplay test.wav
> > everything went fine. but after
> > aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav
> > i get
> > Playing WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
> > Mono aplay: set_params:901: Channels count non available
>
> "hw" goes directly to the hardware, without automatic sample format
> conversion. Your hardware cannot play mono data.
buuuuuttttt: the default of aplay is hw:0,0 . on my first card, the first
subdevice is an mono channel. so, what puzzles me is the fact, that
aplay test.wav is ok but aplay -D hw:0,0 test.wav gives me this error.

Does this mean, that aplay with the -D option first reads all the data and
only send the raw data to the subdevice.

> HTH
what means HTH ;=)