Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

From: Ross Vandegrift <ross@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 22:22:48 EET

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 11:49:49PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> What it is a copy of? ;-)
>
> Seriously, I'm not knocking Behringer, but a friend who's very
> knowledgeable about gear told me all their stuff is basically knockoffs,
> and the end result is sometimes great, sometimes iffy,

I own some low-end Behringer gear, and have sometimes though about
more. There was definitely a time period where they were known for
making crummy knockoffs, but it seems to be a dated picture of the
company. I'm not surprised to hear that opinion from a gear-head,
since the gear-heads seemed to have retained that opinion of them.

Realistically - it's all about how much money you want to blow.
That's all gear ever comes down to. You can spend $100 on a
audio frob, and it doesn't matter who made it. It's just not gonna
sound like a $5k box.

So if you hear a Behringer, and it's in your price range, and it seems
like a good option, don't be scared because they have a bad name with
people who would spend $10,000 on an amp.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross@email-addr-hidden