Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

From: Martin Habets <errandir_news@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 13:36:44 EET

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 09:54:14PM -0600, Brent Busby wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Joe Hartley wrote:
>
> >I use fluxbox, but have none of the bells and whistles in use. It's
> >so stripped down, it reminds me of using OpenWindows under SunOS 4.1.3!
>
> You can have that, you know. Just install olwm. :-)

Had been using that for 10 years or so on unix, but back in '95
or so I switched to olvwm.
Small, stable. A window manager, NOT a desktop manager. Load whatever
bells you want on top. I usually do the wissling myself :)

Seriously: figure out what you need, not what you want. Find a window or
desktop manager that can handle just that. Then determine the parts you don't
need permanently, and move them to menus.

--
Martin
30 years from now GNU/Linux will be as redundant a term as MERT/UNIX is