Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

From: Martin Habets <errandir_news@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 13:45:17 EET

I see 'properly written' and 'should'...
well in real life problems do happen. I you run into problems, run
the latencytest from ALSA to figure out where the problem is on your
system.

On my recording system the kernel DRM driver was causing terrible latency,
but an ugly kernel patch put an end to that.
I guess if I was a graphics programmer I would think GUI stuff has the
highest priority.

The short story: if you want to solve the problem you have to dig for the
root cause.

Martin