Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Drum beats library

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 16:49:18 EET

--- Hans <hansfong@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I am looking for the same thing, although I already
> gave up and vowed to
> learn to play the drums myself.

I've been studying the drum kit for a couple years. I
love it.

 I guess by knowing
> how to play drums you
> can more easily program drum beats yourself.

Learning to read percussion notation is a one
afternoon study. Developing the skills to play what
you read takes a life time. Programming what you read
into a sequencer doesn't require any musical talent.
And there's lots of notated percussion available free
of charge.

www.drummingweb.com has useful content.

ron