[linux-audio-user] Info on recording/DSP techniques

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 21:02:31 EET

Hello,

   Does anyone know where I can find a fairly exhaustive set of
tutorials (or just explanations) about recording and digital signal
processing techniques?

   I'm not very familiar with subjects such as ADT, chorus, flanger,
comb filters, Bode frequency shifting, compressing and limiting,
vocoding, and 101 other cool effects. For most of them, I don't know
how they work, how to use them, or when to use them.

   You'll laugh, but I thought I had invented double tracking... :-D
...until I heard someone talking about ADT, and found out that it was
invented 50 years ago! So rather than discovering everything the hard
way (and the slow way), I'm hoping for a book or set of tutorials that
covers these subjects.

   I would be very pleased if I could find a book that was centered
around DSP in the Linux world...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

-Tim