[linux-audio-user] simple streaming sound file player

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 19:43:56 EET

Hi,

for an artistic project (there's also a little money in it for me) i'm
looking for a simple jack enabled sound file player. The requirements
are pretty simple: Starting and stopping of the playback should be
controllable by midi. Caveats: The sound files will not fit into ram
(thus streaming is necessary). And there will be 8 channels of audio
each going to its own output channel on the sound card (probably a delta
1010).

Candidates so far are

- Supercollider

- Ecasound

Both meet the requirements afaict (i know supercollider), but maybe they
include unnecessary complexity. So maybe you know of some other player
that does what i need. I'm thankful for all suggestions.

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!