Re: [linux-audio-user] Quiet PC Components?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 17:47:08 EET

On 26 February 2006 at 10:31, aljordan@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> For those who have tried to silence their PC, any information on the
> component brands and model numbers that you have had success with would
> be much appreciated.

I've quieted 2 PCs. In my estimation the most important components,
in order, are quiet disks, quiet case fans, quiet CPU fan, quiet
power supply, and case quieting foam. For these components the best
I could find, in the same order are Seagate Barracuda, AcoustiFan,
Zalman, Q Technology (in my Athlon 64-X2 machine), and AcoustiFoam.
I got all these mail order through QuietPC USA <http://www.quietpcusa.com/>
Their sales guy, Steve Farnsworth, was really helpful. I've probably
bought stuff from them a dozen times. I exchanged an unused power supply
once -- I decided to upgrade my AT motherboard to ATX after I bought
the supply -- and I thought they were very fair. Their AcoustiCase
deal, buying a case with precut foam, is pretty cool.

Best of luck.

--
Kevin