Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: rosegarden without KDE?

From: Alberto Botti <alberto.botti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 01:27:32 EET

Il giorno dom, 26/02/2006 alle 16.50 -0500, Lee Revell ha scritto:
> So I can only get documentation on the key if I already know where it
> is?
>
> Let me rephrase the question - how could I have used the docs to answer
> the question "How do I stop Nautilus from drawing the icons on the
> desktop"?

Sorry, I'm not a GNOME developer and I was only answering to someone who
asked how to remove the icons on the desktop... perhaps I shouldn't have
used the word "simply" (my english leaves a lot to be desired...)

The key isn't mentioned in the official documentation, as many others
nonstandard options. It's only available via gconf-editor (which is
installed by default, and has a search function), or by modifying the
config files by hand. The settings are grouped by application (in this
case "nautilus", and then "desktop"). It's a reasonable approach, in my
humble opinion.

Ok, I'll just shut up... better talk about music than Nautilus, we're on
LAU after all :)