Re: [linux-audio-user] .asoundrc file for an RME Digi9652 card?

From: Jason White <jasonjgw@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 01:37:37 EET

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 02:45:46PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> Take a step back - I've said this a million times, *an .asoundrc file
> should not be needed to make sound work*. What problem are you trying
> to solve?
In the first instance I am trying to configure Alsa so that I can play a sound
file and direct it to the first two channels of ADAT 1, the first ADAT
interface on the card. According to the article describing the HDSP card
(different from mine but from the same manufacturer), there is a need to
convert the sample format prior to output. Apparently these cards don't accept
the interleave format and the ttable definitions are required to perform the
necessary format conversion.

I am not sure whether this applies to the Digi9652 card as well and I haven't
been able to track down information concerning the meaning and effect of these
definitions.

Getting the right format to the correct output is my immediate configuration
objective.