Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Griffin iMic

From: Kenneth Dombrowski <kdombrowski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 06:10:37 EET

On 2/28/06, Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I mean for instance if you play an mp3 with xmms out of the imic is
> everything okay. I.e playback, not recording ;-)

oh, of course.. obviously a little brain-dead over here...

well, if I make the iMic the default sound card, it *does* work for
the silly gnome sounds (esd?), but xmms still uses the built-in
speakers. Looks more like the howto I mentioned yesterday is the way
to go.. was too tired last night & will probably flake on it tonight
too, but I'll post the results soon. Thanks for giving me some hope
that the thing isn't just a dud piece of crap