[linux-audio-user] Re: Griffin iMic

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 06:30:56 EET

On 3/1/06, Kenneth Dombrowski <kdombrowski@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> > I mean for instance if you play an mp3 with xmms out of the imic is
> > everything okay. I.e playback, not recording ;-)
> >

> oh, of course.. obviously a little brain-dead over here...
>
> well, if I make the iMic the default sound card, it *does* work for
> the silly gnome sounds (esd?), but xmms still uses the built-in
> speakers. Looks more like the howto I mentioned yesterday is the way
> to go.. was too tired last night & will probably flake on it tonight
> too, but I'll post the results soon. Thanks for giving me some hope
> that the thing isn't just a dud piece of crap

If out works in will work too, eventually. Kill, maim destroy esd and
arts, and any of there other evil elk. Kill. Maim. DESTROY. Then which
output xmms is using, try the alsa plugin, it has a pretty drop down
box. For recording try out jack and timemachine or qarecord, but get
out working properly before worrying about in. Then try just routing
in to out with jack and see if you can here anything. The guys on lad
irc can probably help. Though avoid the one called LFactor. He's
strange. ;-)

Loki