Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Digital Fidelity

From: Tracey Hytry <shakti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 06:04:18 EET

"Maluvia" <terakuma@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I just can't go along with this concept that some people are
> off limits to argument, debate, disagreement, criticism or questioning.

And Maluvia stated a whole lot more that I agree with!

Anyway, I spent 12 years of my middle age working tech at a major university. I made it a point to never address or refer to someone as professor, dean, etc. For me, addressing everyone by their first name was one of my ways to get the point across that I was there to help.

As far as my feelings about Paul:

(disclaimer: these are my observations, understandings, perceptions, and "feelings")

He's quite good at coding, and has a lot of knowledge of audio and musicians needs too. He's put a _lot_ of time and energy into linux audio and I would consider him one of the experts at it. On the other hand he can be "moody", seem stressed out, and not be very compassionate sometimes(he acts kind of human like the rest of us here).

Tracey.