Re: [linux-audio-user] Interesting story for BCR2000 owners

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 17:15:34 EET

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:57:08 -0500
timg <timg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> But if these actions are found to be within legal limits what can be done?
> I must admint that a company that does not invest in it's own R&D is one
> that will fail... and lose (at least my) respect.

Nothing can be done if it's legal, and you can't copyright a circuit design.
You can patent one, but it has to be sufficiently innovative to be given
a patent.

As you say, in the end, they lose respect, and perhaps business. I think
it will be the newer products like the BCF2k that they design themselves
that will eventually make or break them. (Assuming they fall into compliance
with US laws :-/ )

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden