Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd and usb 1.1 audio on i386 non-functional

From: Lee A. Azzarello <lee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 20:27:02 EET

----- Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Lee A. Azzarello wrote:
> > ----- Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > cannot submit datapipe for urb 4, err = -28
>
> 28 = ENOSPC (not enough bandwidth)
>
> > I have usb bandwidth turned off in the kernel.
>
> Then try a newer kernel.

Seriously? I have 2.6.12.2 and I have read reports of people solving this problem with 2.6.11! How much newer is new? Doing kernel compile foo is one of my least favorite things.

> > ALSA and OSS emu drivers will playback sound. It is only a JACK
> issue.
>
> Jack tries to use full duplex. Try using only playback or capture
> (-P,
> -C).

Woah...I'd prefer if the device can do duplex, because it's capable of that for sure. I'll take this to the jack email list.

-lee