Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack ideas. What else do people want in a drum synth?

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 19:56:39 EET

"Loki Davison" <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Any ideas?

The wave equation?;). Use of partial differential equations, definite
integrals and Bessel functions. There are some algos you can use
realtime, though they demand alot.

Use of the Rabenstein algorithm:

http://www.lnt.de/LNT_I/research/projects/soundsynthesis/index.php?lang=eng

Maybe you can chop parts of it up spread them out on the
network?;). Like realtime raytracing projects using 100 CPUs and more.

Have you done any work on non realtime synthesis?. I'm very interested
in this and I'm playing with octave and r now. I don't necessarily
want to recreate a real drum. I'm looking for that dirty sound; the
crushed cardboard box sound, the hit on trashcans and having control
of all it's parameters;).

We can probably do such extensive algorithms realtime in the near
future.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m