[linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

From: Maluvia <terakuma@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 17:44:06 EET

>If there's to be a common language,
>there's always going to be the native speakers that get the free ride,
>whatever it is.

Touché
But Americans (and English) do seem to be notoriously reluctant to learn
other languages.
I mean - we can't even wrap our heads around the metric system.

>If English-speaking countries became insignificant AND there was a
>drop-in alternative waiting in the wings (maybe French? Isn't that the
>runner-up?), then we might see a change.

Well, there's a reason they call it the linuga-franca.
French once was, and may yet be again.
If the dollar continues its decline in relation to the euro, and
international culture starts becoming more Eurocentric - as seems very
likely right now - we may indeed see another language replace English.
Then we Americans will really have to buck-up, swallow our pride, and join
the rest of the multilingual world.
(Let's just hope it does not end up being Chinese!)

- Maluvia