Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

From: Dan Easley <daneasley@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 18:44:57 EET

apt-get upgrade culture

no, really. i like to decry the loss of working class
intellectualism; in my admittedly speculative history of the world
america lost it in the thirties.

best antidote i've seen so far is the emergence of freely available
media production tools, as are refined and developed in forums such as
this one.

certainly america has a culture; it's not one i'm particularly fond
of, but it's also so diversified that i must claim ownership and
alliance with bits of it, and lifelong enmity towards other parts.
still, judging its value as a whole or in part is so difficult as to
be misleading. let's say robert wyatt is my janet jackson - it would
be as rude of me to force others to listen to wyatt as it is of others
to make me listen to janet.

certainly i read this list and work with linux audio tools while my
roommates watch people shoot at each other on the tv. i don't think
i'm any better than those guys - in fact, i wish i were as easily
amused.

i must take the canonized developer's attitude on this. don't like
our culture? submit a bug report, or learn to code a patch.

yours in america, proud land of harry partch and kurt vonnegut,

dan

--
dan@email-addr-hidden dan@email-addr-hidden daneasley@email-addr-hidden
http://towndowner.com http://burntpossum.com